cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Françoise
Level V

SQL Query JMP14

hi,

I use SQL query builder to create a data base (xxx.jmp). Then, I modify the dt base.jmp by labelling columns and with spec limits.

but if I want to modify the query (ex.: to have less columns), JMP 14 create a new dt base and I lost all the specific or particular informations for some columns.

how to retreive these informations in the new dt base?

i know that i can create a new file with the spec limits but i'm a beginner with jsl.

best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: SQL Query JMP14

One of the great things about the query builder is that there is a post-query script option so you can do things like this:

Change the name of a column

:Unfortunate_Name<<set name(:Happy Name);

You mentioned adding spec limits too.

This example is in the scripting index:

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Cities.jmp" );
obj = Capability(
	Y( :OZONE, :CO, :SO2, :NO ),
	Spec Limits(
		Import Spec Limits(
			"$SAMPLE_DATA/CitySpecLimits.jmp"
		)
	)
);

so you could do somthing like this next:

dt<<current data table( ); // it would be better to be specific but this will work
obj=capability((Y(:Happy Name),spec limits(import spec limits("My_Spec_Table.jsl"))) 
//I just wrote this free hand so it might be missing a paren or something easy

Then everytime you run this query, the table that comes out will have all the formatting that you want it to have.

Hope this helps.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Byron_JMP
Staff

One of the great things about the query builder is that there is a post-query script option so you can do things like this:

Change the name of a column

:Unfortunate_Name<<set name(:Happy Name);

You mentioned adding spec limits too.

This example is in the scripting index:

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Cities.jmp" );
obj = Capability(
	Y( :OZONE, :CO, :SO2, :NO ),
	Spec Limits(
		Import Spec Limits(
			"$SAMPLE_DATA/CitySpecLimits.jmp"
		)
	)
);

so you could do somthing like this next:

dt<<current data table( ); // it would be better to be specific but this will work
obj=capability((Y(:Happy Name),spec limits(import spec limits("My_Spec_Table.jsl"))) 
//I just wrote this free hand so it might be missing a paren or something easy

Then everytime you run this query, the table that comes out will have all the formatting that you want it to have.

Hope this helps.

Françoise
Level V

hi,

thanks for your answer.

but, doing like this, the blue lines (target, USL, LSL) have disappeared in the graphs.

is it possible  to have it? (without by the properties of the columns)

best regards

Byron_JMP
Staff

Yes, you can script nearly anything.

And.. no, you can't have the blue spec limit lines unless you have spec limits in the columns and the check box to show the line is on.  Both the spec limits and and option to show spec limits are column properties.

But adding the spec limits and the option to show spec limits are both scriptable and luckly there is a blog about that.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Byron-Wingerd-s-Blog/Spec-Limit-Lines-on-Graphs/ba-p/33317

txnelson
Super User

You can place Reference Lines on your charts with the Labels of USL, LSL and Target, and bypass the column properties completly.  In fact, you can do both, and the Reference Lines will write on top of the light blue spec limits lines.

But, I must admit that having the limits as column properties makes the platforms that use spec limits, a very convienent feature.

Jim