cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Françoise
Level V

Change color and size of spec limit lines with JMP14

Hi,

I have a graph with specs limits which are like blue thin lines.

is it possible to modify the color and the size of this lines (USL, LSL)?

best regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: spec limits with JMP14

I totally agree with you.  However, your question about setting the color and size of the spec limits is a great idea.  I suggest you add your idea to the JMP Wish List!

Jim

View solution in original post

txnelson
Super User

Re: Change color and size of spec limit lines with JMP14

If you are running interactively, running a platform other than the Distribution Platform, and are using the Show Limits() feature in JMP, all you have to do is to right click on the axis, and change the linesize and color of the Reference Lines that have been set automatically.

If your need is to do this in a script, then you will either have to not use the Show Limits() feature and just go and read the spec limits and create your own Reference Lines, or if you have the Show Limits() turned on, then yes, you will have to delete and then add back in the reference lines.

Jim

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
txnelson
Super User

I do not see any options to change the linesize of color of the automatically displayed Spec Limit lines.

The only option would I see would be to add you own reference lines, where you can change the linesize and colors.

Jim
Françoise
Level V

thanks for your answer.

I find more useful to define spec limits in the properties of the columns.

txnelson
Super User

I totally agree with you.  However, your question about setting the color and size of the spec limits is a great idea.  I suggest you add your idea to the JMP Wish List!

Jim

This may be what you are looking for. 

I was able to change spec limit lines with the Customize feature in the graph I was working.  Right click in the graph and go to Customize.  In the dialog box look for "Lower Line" or "Upper Line"  select one of those and then you can change the color and the size of the line.  You can also change the text color and font for the labels by selecting Upper or  Lower Label.  If you then save the script to the data table your changes will be there anytime you run the script.  Just for info, I did this in JMP 13 and 14, but it should work in older versions as well.LSL Change.JPG

Hope this helps

Bill

txnelson
Super User

Great catch.......

Jim
Françoise
Level V

Hi,

in the french version, I can't have the upper or lower lines in the customize box.

Pb couleur spec.jpg

txnelson
Super User

I have performed some further investigation.  There is a bit of complexity when it comes to the automatic displaying of spec limits.

In the Histogram Platform,  there are unique line segments that are created for handling the LSL, Target and USL for the capability analysis.  The method for changing them has been descripted by @Bill_Worley.  However, if one specifies the "Show Limits()" selection in the spec limits column property, what JMP does, is that it produces Reference Lines in the Axis Box() specification.  The significance of this is that in your last response, the graph you are showing should have the Reference Lines for the spec limits available to change from the Axis Settings.

Jim
Françoise
Level V

With JMP13 in english, I haven't the choice for the USL or LSL lines.

Sans titre.jpg

txnelson
Super User

To change the USL and LSL for platforms other than the Distribution Platform, Right Click on the axis you want to change, and then select "Axis Settings".

axis settings.GIF

Jim