cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tom_abramov
Level V

SAP to JMP

Is there any way to import/export data between JMP and SAP?

5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: SAP to JMP

It looks like SAP HANA has an ODBC driver. JMP can import from any database that supports ODBC.​ That means you can use the Query Builder.

-Jeff

-Jeff
vkessler
Level IV

Hi Jeff,

is there a solution using BAPI or IDocs to get data out of SAP and into JMP, if SQL queries are prohibited ?

It seems, that Java, C# etc. is usually used for BAPI or IDocs...

Thank you

Victor

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

I'm not familar with those two structures/methods but if BAPI is a REST API then you can use the HTTP Request() object in JMP 14 to connect to it and retrieve data.

-Jeff
singhan
Level I

Hi Jeff,

I have a couple of challenges here.

1. The SAP table accesses are available to me through a 32bit ODBC driver. I am struggling with 'how do I frame my question to get them create an oracle database link for me on 64bit-ODBC?' so I can connect to the tables.

2. The tables are huge. I dont need all of that data. So is there a way I can only pull "an existing transaction from SAP" into JMP ?

(a transaction in SAP is pretty much a saved query)

vkessler
Level IV

If a query via ODBC, BAPI or IDocs is not an option for you, or if you only want data from specific transactions in SAP, I finally found a solution using SAP GUI Scripting.

The procedure is as follows:

1. Generate a VBS script with SAP GUI Scripting, where you run the transaction and export the data to an excel data table (XLSX)

2. Include the VBS script in your JSL  code

3. Import the data from the excel table to JMP

4. Do your data analysis in JMP

This of course only works, if SAP GUI Scripting is enabled.

If you want full automation, you need to automatically login to SAP.

I hope this helps! It worked for me :)

Best

Victor