cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
frankderuyck
Level VI

Run saved scripts after a data table update

Hi, I saved a lot of scripts in a data table that I want to keep using after a major update of my data matrix, is this possible? How?

Thanks for advice, Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Run saved scripts after a data table update

If you create a new data table by reading in new data from an Excel file, you can copy and paste the scripts from your old data table, to your new data table.  All of the scripts will continue to work, as long as the columns in the new data table are named the same, and have the same characteristics as the old data table.

You can also copy each of the scripts from the old data table, to JMP script files, .JSL files, and run them from there against the new data table.  The same thing will hold true, that columns that are referenced in the scripts will have to be in the new data table.

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

What is stopping you from using them? At any time, the table scripts will evaluate using the current state of the data table. Click the green triangle next to the script name in the Table panel. If you are using an older version with red triangles, click it and select Run Script.

frankderuyck
Level VI

I know Mark, but what if I get an updated Excel data file that I have to import in JMP?

txnelson
Super User

If you create a new data table by reading in new data from an Excel file, you can copy and paste the scripts from your old data table, to your new data table.  All of the scripts will continue to work, as long as the columns in the new data table are named the same, and have the same characteristics as the old data table.

You can also copy each of the scripts from the old data table, to JMP script files, .JSL files, and run them from there against the new data table.  The same thing will hold true, that columns that are referenced in the scripts will have to be in the new data table.

Jim
frankderuyck
Level VI

Thanks Jim! Frank