cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Robust regression in JMP

Hi. I found outliers by detecting Robust Outlier analysis in unidimensional data at a time and Robust Outlier analysis in unidimensional data at a time. I wanna to prevent the influences of outliers in multiple linear regression analysis. Should I perform robust regression analysis? If so, how to do it?

Or I can detect Hats, studentized Residuals, or Cooks' D distance? If not so bad result, I can also read Standarded least Squares results. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Robust regression in JMP

I will point you to the Statistics Index.  There you will find pointers to the Help pages for Robust Regression, and also an actual Example of a Robust Regression run in JMP.

Help=>Statistics Index

txnelson_0-1686056723787.png

Jim

Hi, txnelson,

Your insights were invaluable and helped me tremendously in my analysis. Thank you for your time and effort.

However, I have come across a new challenge in my research, and I was hoping you could provide some guidance. In my current study, I am trying to predict a dependent variable using multiple independent variables simultaneously. While I have successfully included these variables in the analysis, I realized that the results only present bivariate relationships and do not report the model fit of the regression.

sandychristine_1-1686110643031.png

sandychristine_0-1686110587625.png

txnelson
Super User

For multiple linear analyses you need to look into the Multivariate Platform, or the Fit Model Platform. 

I suggest that you take the time to read the Discovering JMP documentation available under the Help pull down menu.  You may also want to explore the JMP Tutorials.

Jim