cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dshanafe
Level I

Reset Column Value Ordering

I have a column ordered using Column Info > Value Ordering.  If I change data in the associated column, the Value Ordering list box does not update with the new/changed data.  Is there a way to force a requery of the listbox data?  JMP 12.1.0 (64 bit).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Reset Column Value Ordering

Hi,

I am on 13, but I assume the same works for 12.  I'm guessing you tried deleting the Value Ordering property and then re-applying it from the Column Info window.  Doing this, you will end up with the same list of values you just removed because they won't really be deleted until you apply the changes by pressing Ok.  If you remove the Value Ordering property, press OK to close the Column Info window, and then go back in and re-apply the Value Ordering property, you should get an updated list with the new values included.

-- Cameron Willden

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Hi,

I am on 13, but I assume the same works for 12.  I'm guessing you tried deleting the Value Ordering property and then re-applying it from the Column Info window.  Doing this, you will end up with the same list of values you just removed because they won't really be deleted until you apply the changes by pressing Ok.  If you remove the Value Ordering property, press OK to close the Column Info window, and then go back in and re-apply the Value Ordering property, you should get an updated list with the new values included.

-- Cameron Willden
dshanafe
Level I

That's it.  Thanks for your help!

acitretin
Level II

Hi,

I had the same issue with JMP 14. I have used yoursuggestion and it works nice. 

Thanks

Ahmed

acitretin
Level II

Hi,

I had the same issue with JMP 14. I have used your suggestion and it works nice. 

Thanks

Ahmed