cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Fatemeh_2020
Level III

Resampling form the collected data

Hello! Can any one help?

I am collecting data through an online survey. My survey includes ranking questions. For analysis, the answers to the ranking questions will be replaced by the numbers 1 to 5. In other words, my data type is ordinal.

So far, 6 participants answered each question. At this stage, I must simulate how a larger number of participants (totally 20 or 30 participants) answer the ranking questions.  

1) Is resampling from the data collected from the 6 participants an appropriate method to simulate how totally 30 participants answer the ranking questions?

2) If yes, how I can resample from the current data using JMP?

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Resampling form the collected data

Truthfully, you have 6 responses. That might represent what you will see when you get to 30 (still a very small N for survey work) or it might not. Your best guess right now is what you see in the 6, you could resample/simulate but after many rounds you will be back to about what you see in the 6 and that provides very little insight at this point.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Truthfully, you have 6 responses. That might represent what you will see when you get to 30 (still a very small N for survey work) or it might not. Your best guess right now is what you see in the 6, you could resample/simulate but after many rounds you will be back to about what you see in the 6 and that provides very little insight at this point.

Fatemeh_2020
Level III

Thank you very much for the clarification.