cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Fatemeh_2020
Level III

Resampling form the collected data

Hello! Can any one help?

I am collecting data through an online survey. My survey includes ranking questions. For analysis, the answers to the ranking questions will be replaced by the numbers 1 to 5. In other words, my data type is ordinal.

So far, 6 participants answered each question. At this stage, I must simulate how a larger number of participants (totally 20 or 30 participants) answer the ranking questions.  

1) Is resampling from the data collected from the 6 participants an appropriate method to simulate how totally 30 participants answer the ranking questions?

2) If yes, how I can resample from the current data using JMP?

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Resampling form the collected data

Truthfully, you have 6 responses. That might represent what you will see when you get to 30 (still a very small N for survey work) or it might not. Your best guess right now is what you see in the 6, you could resample/simulate but after many rounds you will be back to about what you see in the 6 and that provides very little insight at this point.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Truthfully, you have 6 responses. That might represent what you will see when you get to 30 (still a very small N for survey work) or it might not. Your best guess right now is what you see in the 6, you could resample/simulate but after many rounds you will be back to about what you see in the 6 and that provides very little insight at this point.

Fatemeh_2020
Level III

Thank you very much for the clarification.