cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
CYLiaw
Level III

Report saving problem

Hi!

I tried to save the analysis output as a report. I clicked 'File'--> 'save'.  I noticed that the extension .jrp didn't automatically show next to the filename, so I manually added the extension. I then selected 'embedded'.  When I opened the saved file (I also noticed that the icon of the saved file is 'JRN' instead of jrp), there was no figure popping out, but a log window showed up.  At the bottom of the log window, it said 'The specified color is not valid.{135}'.  Can anyone help me with this issue?  Am I doing something wrong? I am using JMP 14 SW.  Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Re: Report saving problem

A JMP Report (.jrp ) is actually nothing more than a JMP script, that since it has the .jrp file extension, it knows to run the script. Since you chose to embed the data table, what it actually does, is to create a piece of JSL that will recreate the data table, and places it in the .rpt file as the first part of the script. The unfortunate item, is that it does not save global items or memory variables that may be present when the report is saved, but when you start up a new session, those items are no longer available to the JMP session. What you need to do, to determine the problem, is to change the file's extension to .jsl, and to open the file into the script editor. Then search for the value "135". Then see if you can see what you might be able to do to remedy the situation. If you can not, you can respond back to the Community, with information that might be able to get to the bottom of the issue.
Jim
CYLiaw
Level III

Thanks for your reply.  I tried to do as you suggested.  However, I was unable to save it as .jsl.  I highlighted the figure I wanted to save and then clicked File --> save.  But when I change the extension to .jsl, I got the message saying 'You cannot save this document with extension “.jsl” at the end of the name. The required extension is “.jrp”.'

txnelson
Super User

You need to go to the file after it has been saved as a .jrp file, and then rename it.  I am sorry I was not really clear on that.

Jim
CYLiaw
Level III

I followed what you said and I was able to open the .jsl file now.  I searched for "135'' but nothing seems odd to me.  It only shows after the first line, like the following:

New Table( "Full Line test - CPST_test",

Add Rows( 135 ),

I didn't find anything related to 'color' as shown in the error message "The specified color is not valid.{135}".

txnelson
Super User

Can you post the script? If not, you may want to take the issue to the JMP support team, where you might feel more comfortable providing them the information
Jim