cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Repeated measure MANOVA: post-hoc test?

JMP Users,

I have a rather simple data set: repeated measures over time of a single variable within individuals grouped according to 4 treatments (1 control + 3 different drugs); N=10 / group.

The basic Repeated Measure MANOVA shows significant Time, Treatment, and Time*Treatment effects.

As a follow on to this observation, I would like to test which of the 3 treatment is significantly different from the control group. How should I proceed?

Note: the Standard Least Square personality model fit provides a the LSMeans Differences Tukey HSD post-hoc test, but this personality would not be appropriate for repeated measures.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sseligman
Staff

Re: Repeated measure MANOVA: post-hoc test?

The MANOVA personality in Fit Model does not offer post-hoc tests for repeated measures models. To produce these tests, you must use the univariate approach to repeated measures analysis as described in the following JMP Note:  Analyzing Repeated Measures in JMP® Software.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sseligman
Staff

Re: Repeated measure MANOVA: post-hoc test?

The MANOVA personality in Fit Model does not offer post-hoc tests for repeated measures models. To produce these tests, you must use the univariate approach to repeated measures analysis as described in the following JMP Note:  Analyzing Repeated Measures in JMP® Software.