cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PeterD
Level II

Reordering ordinal values

Hi

I have a dataset that was pulled from Survey Monkey and there are a variety of answers to questions that are ordinal--and not well ordered.  

For instance Purchase Intent has five values--JMP defaults to order alphabetically (which makes no sense of course)

Definitely would

Definitely would not

Might or might not

Probably would

Probably would not

-- how can I reorder this more logically so that when I show the analytic results with values in the logical order?

Definitely would  |  Probably would  |  Might or might not | Probably would not | Definitely would not

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Reordering ordinal values

Go to the column header.  Right Click and select "Value Order".  It will let you set the order of the values.

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Go to the column header.  Right Click and select "Value Order".  It will let you set the order of the values.

Jim
PeterD
Level II

Thanks--you have really helped out this newbie
txnelson
Super User

Let me help you out some more.  The Discovering JMP Document, under the Help pull down menu gives one a real "leg up" when learning JMP.  I strongly suggest you take the time to read through it!  It will make you a far more efficient JMP user in the shortest time possible.

Jim
PeterD
Level II

Thanks!