cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Mcc99
Level I

Quick way to populate many correlation coefficients in to a column at once?

I have a dataset with five sample dose levels and many compound concentrations identified in the samples. I would like to see which of the compounds correlate with the sample levels and sort the compounds by most correlated. I think the easiest way would be to batch-run regressions and have the Pearson correlation coefficient or r squared populate to a data table, but I'm not sure how. Would I have to write a script or is there a different way? 

I'm using JMP pro 16. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Quick way to populate many correlation coefficients in to a column at once?

I assume the doses and compound concentrations are stored in numeric data columns using the Continuous modeling type. You can survey the correlations using the Bivariate platform. Select Analyze > Fit Y by X. Enter the dose data column in the Y role. Enter the concentration columns in the X role. Click OK. Press and hold the CTRL key with Windows or the Command key with Mac, click the red triangle next to the first Bivariate analysis, and select Density Ellipse and the confidence you want. This way, the command is broadcast to all X, Y pairs. Now right-click in the table of correlation results and select Make into Combined Table. You can now use the Table > Sort command to order the results.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I assume the doses and compound concentrations are stored in numeric data columns using the Continuous modeling type. You can survey the correlations using the Bivariate platform. Select Analyze > Fit Y by X. Enter the dose data column in the Y role. Enter the concentration columns in the X role. Click OK. Press and hold the CTRL key with Windows or the Command key with Mac, click the red triangle next to the first Bivariate analysis, and select Density Ellipse and the confidence you want. This way, the command is broadcast to all X, Y pairs. Now right-click in the table of correlation results and select Make into Combined Table. You can now use the Table > Sort command to order the results.

Mcc99
Level I

That works great! I didn't realize that the control key trick would also apply to menu functions. Thank you!