Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Artaxerxes90
Level II

Questions on RSM

Hello everyone, I have some questions on RSM: 

I finished my experiments and I want to generate the Response Surfaces now. For example, one looks like this: 

Artaxerxes90_0-1655985865350.png

Q1: I would like to add this graph to a word document, how can I do that? Everytime I do this, the resolution of the axis are very bad and even increasing the font size does not help. Is the only valid method to use the snipped tool? 

Q2: When I go to "Graph" and then "Surface Plot" it does not show me the ISOSURFACE only the sheet,points (see below). Why cant I see the isosurfaces/curves? When I click on them, nothing appears. And also same questions as Q1, is the best way to copy it the snipped tool?

Artaxerxes90_1-1655986046418.png

Thanks for any help in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Questions on RSM

Answer 1: Which OS are you using, Mac or Windows?

Answer 2: Did you save the RSM model that you selected and then use the model formula for the Surface Profiler?

(I realize that my answers are really questions, but I need to know which case is yours.)

Artaxerxes90
Level II

Dear Mark, 

1) Windows

2) I'm not sure what you mean. For the first figure above I use right click on "Least Squares Fit" and then choose "Profilers" and then "Surface Profilers". For the second figure, I go to "Graph", "Surface Plot" and then I choose in styles: surfaces.

The scatterplot3D is going to be a raster image because of the way that it is rendered in JMP. The best bet for getting a high quality graphic for publication is to make the image as large as possible on your monitor and then use the selection tool (S) to copy that large image.  Then scale it down to increase the DPI in word. You can also play around with the right click -> settings... to increase the marker quality and increase the font size a bit before scaling it down. 

Here is the big image with the settings open:

BigImagewSettings.png

And then scaled down:

ScaledDown.png

Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/3MWgiXt