cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Question related to multiple response variable - how to generate the right graph or the right table with JMP with respect to %

Hi, 

I have the following issue: 

I have a multiple response question from a consumer study, where the answer options are coded in yes & no (1 & 0). I have actually combined this into a multiple response variable and want to do a table or graph that displays the right %. 

As you can see the 

OrderedWeasel10_0-1718107000566.png

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Question related to multiple response variable - how to generate the right graph or the right table with JMP with respect to %

Hi @OrderedWeasel10 , I think the rest of your message got cut off!

“All models are wrong, but some are useful”

Re: Question related to multiple response variable - how to generate the right graph or the right table with JMP with respect to %

Thank you. In fact yes it did. It was a bit strange anyhow. I'll try to add via reply. 

Hi Everyone, 

sorry but in fact the rest of the message got cut-off. So repeating it here: 

The issue is that the graph (via graph builder) or histogram or table (via tabulate) show the share of responses.

But this is actually not correct since the total number of people answering is 651. So the % is wrong. 100% of people have answered that they used permanent hair color. Then a 2nd or even 3rd answer on top. 

So what I would like to have is a graph with a label that is "rate per case" in % or a table that gives me the "rate per case" %. I've no idea on how to get to that...

jthi
Super User

Have you tried using Categorical from Consumer Research ( Consumer Research > Categorical Response Analysis )?

jthi_0-1718435923728.png

It does provide few different options for example for Multiple Response Columns

jthi_1-1718435945905.png

And you can get something like this

jthi_3-1718436084552.png

-Jarmo
hogi
Level XI

Thanks @jthi for the link to Consumer Research > Categorical Response Analysis 
Interesting that Graph Builder doesn't have this option.

triggered by another post with the same issue, I submitted this wish:
Graph Builder: Option for "statistics by row" - not by response 

Important to know:
if there are cases without response, by default they are ignored - for the nominator and for the denominator.
But there is an option to get the right graph:

hogi_0-1718444394930.png