cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
KupecMilena
Level I

Process control graph layout with multiple y variables with limits on one graph

Hello,

I am new user of jump. 

I have a and b variables that are the same parameter type, but have different control limits. I want to built the process control chart that contains both variables on the same graph in order to spare some space.

Using x bar in process and control, I can easily built two separate control charts (shown on the left of the image bellow) with all the informations needed.

However, I can not find out how to combine those two diagrams in one, like it is shown on the right side of the image (limits are missing). Can somebody tell me how to do that in jmp, please (I have version 13.1)?

Thank you very much for your help!

2018-03-07 10_36_52-Greenshot.png

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Process control graph layout with multiple y variables with limits on one graph

There is not a direct way to place 2 "Control Chart" in the same graph in JMP, however you can easily replicate your right hand chart using Chart Builder, and then add reference lines for the USL, LSL and Target for the separate.  Below is an example, using the Big Class sample data table.

control chart for 2.PNG

Jim
Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: Process control graph layout with multiple y variables with limits on one graph

Maybe as an alternative display workflow is to use a 2x1 Dashboard template. This is only available beginning in JMP 13, but it might give you the 'look' you are after?

Byron_JMP
Staff

here's how to do it

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Byron-Wingerd-s-Blog/Multiple-Y-Axis-Graphs/ba-p/52000

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)