cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DMerchen
Level II

Problem with Training Practice: Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving/Quality Methods/3.2/Practice: Calculating Capability Indices

I am going through the training Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving. I am working my way through this course: Quality Methods / 3.2 / Practice: Calculating Capability Indices. I have run into a problem with this practice question. I worked through questions 1 and 2 with no problem. Question 3 asks me to use the Distribution Platform and Process Capability to test if the specs are being achieved. When I run the Capability Analysis, I get blanks. Am I missing something? The solution suggests I am, but I am stumped.

DMerchen_0-1638921320271.png

Any help is appreciated!

Dave

Coherent Inc-JMP16 

DMerchen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
statman
Super User

Re: Problem with Training Practice: Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving/Quality Methods/3.2/Practice: Calculating Capability Indices

Sorry, I'm a bit confused...You can enter the spec limits right on that screen or you can right click on the column and go to Column Properties and enter the spec there. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 7.47.43 AM.png

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

Re: Problem with Training Practice: Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving/Quality Methods/3.2/Practice: Calculating Capability Indices

Sorry, I'm a bit confused...You can enter the spec limits right on that screen or you can right click on the column and go to Column Properties and enter the spec there. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 7.47.43 AM.png

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
DMerchen
Level II

Sorry, it was my own confusion. In the training video, the trainer clicks on Process Capabilities, the spec numbers for lower, target, and upper spec are already shown to be in the panel that pops up. I took this as it was a calculation, not that when we enter our spec values for lower, target, and upper that we would get calculated Capability Indices. 

I am good to go now, thanks for the clarification!

Dave

DMerchen