cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Tporat
Level I

Problem installing JMP 15 Pro on WIndows 10

I am trying to install JMP 15 Pro (educational license) on a WIndows 10 Dell Vostro 5468 laptop (i5-7200U 16GB ram) . 

Windows 10 x64 1909 

When I run Setup.exe , even as administrator, nothing happens.

No installation window pops up. The setup.exe doesn't appear in the Windows task manager.

I have tried to create an exception for the JMP folder in my Avast antivirus, as well as disable the antivirus completely.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Problem installing JMP 15 Pro on WIndows 10

Hi @Tporat ,

I suggest opening a technical support track (support@jmp.com) so they can help isolate the cause of your errors.

While you wait for a response from JMP Technical support you can verify the following:

Please refer to the JMP system requirements for additional details to verify the OS is supported with the JMP Student Edition.

Additionally, if you are indeed running JMP 15 Pro verify the Windows OS version is supported.

cheers,

Stan

Craige_Hales
Super User

also try running from a CMD window and see if you get some messages. I found it was necessary to use a UNC name rather than a drive letter, something like this:

\\vboxsvr\windowsshare\SASSoftwareDepot15\JMP\JMP\15_0\Windows\setup.exe

Craige
mkodia
Level I

I am having this exact problem. Was this resolved?

theseventhhill
Level II

e Stuck with the same problem for days. License is new, restarted many times, but self extract does not do anything. Has been few days since the support ticket was raised.

Any workaround to open an existing installation but make it lookup to the new license/.per file rather than downloading and installing by running the installer file?

statman
Super User

This is a JMP support issue, but just out of curiosity, can you download a trial version of JMP and use this until you get your license figured out?

https://www.jmp.com/en_us/download-jmp-free-trial.html

This might help to diagnose any system issue or software conflicts on your computer.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
theseventhhill
Level II

Yes, I tried that as well. Same issue. After self extraction completes, no prompts and the installation just does not move forward.

theseventhhill_0-1627739209537.png