cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tox
tox
Level III

Probit Slope Determination

I have a toxicology dataset and I want to calculate the median lethal dose and probit slope.  I have been able to follow some other threads and calculate the median lethal dose using probit analysis.  The results of an example analysis I performed are shown below.  I am looking to estimate the probit slope as well as the median lethal dose - is the probit slope the "log(load)" value under parameter estimates (i.e. 3.62)?  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! 

example.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Probit Slope Determination

It looks like you applied a log transformation to Load in the dialog, but yes that is the slope.

To get the LD50, you can just play with the profiler value for Load until you get 0.5, or you can use inverse prediction from the red-arrow menu next to "Generalized Linear Model Fit."  Just put whatever confidence in there and specify 0.5 for your quantile.  The predicted load value will show up in the results and you can just ignore the confidence interval stuff.

-- Cameron Willden

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

It looks like you applied a log transformation to Load in the dialog, but yes that is the slope.

To get the LD50, you can just play with the profiler value for Load until you get 0.5, or you can use inverse prediction from the red-arrow menu next to "Generalized Linear Model Fit."  Just put whatever confidence in there and specify 0.5 for your quantile.  The predicted load value will show up in the results and you can just ignore the confidence interval stuff.

-- Cameron Willden
tox
tox
Level III

Great - thanks for the help!