cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mjoner
Level VI

Preference to set alpha in Fit Model multiple comparisons

Hi all,

Anyone know of an easy way to set a preference that changes the alpha value for multiple comparisons tests in Fit Model? I was thinking I would find it in Preferences > Platforms > LSMeans Comparisons but it isn't there.

Right now all I can do is either (1) CTRL-SHIFT-click the LSMeans option that I want and type the new alpha in multiple times, or (2) build the analysis with the default 0.05, save the script, and search and replace the 0.05 out of the script with the new alpha.

(More generally, is there a single list of all alpha-related preferences throughout JMP? I'd find a blanket change of alpha useful when I'm working on projects that need a stricter value for alpha.)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Preference to set alpha in Fit Model multiple comparisons

I think the Set Alpha Level preference in the Model Dialog section will get you what you're looking for.

JMPScreenSnapz118.png

-Jeff

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Perkinson

I think the Set Alpha Level preference in the Model Dialog section will get you what you're looking for.

JMPScreenSnapz118.png

-Jeff
mjoner
Level VI

Perfect. I didn't think about Model Dialog. I thought I had to be in the actual "subplatform" I was using (in this case the LSMeans Comparisons). Good to remember to think both general and specific when looking for a preference.

Can we get a "search for preference" option in the preferences dialog someday? Maybe in JMP 15 or 16?

Jeff_Perkinson

@mjoner wrote:

Can we get a "search for preference" option in the preferences dialog someday? Maybe in JMP 15 or 16?

I can't make promises but maybe sooner than that. ;) 

-Jeff
mjoner
Level VI

@Jeff_Perkinson, is this option scriptable? Or do I need to get the preference, change it for the script's needs, and then set the preference back to its original setting?