Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Radian2022
Level I

Prediction Profiler's Simulator Question - How to changing the P-Value

Greetings, 

I am trying to use the JMP's prediction profiler's Simulator to run a MonteCarlo simulation using a data-set that I have. After setting up the simulator and specifying the random factors and their corresponding SD values, I can see the simulation output - no problem there. However, I noticed that the simulator is applying +-2 Sigma (95% confidence interval) to the factors to run the montecarlo. What I'm really interested in is to do this simulation with +-6 Sigma variation in the factors and to see the outcome. I spent sometime on this but was not able to figure it out. Can anyone help me with this ? Your inputs are much appreciated.

Radian2022_0-1649380413354.png

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Prediction Profiler's Simulator Question - How to changing the P-Value

Hello, what about using 3 SD rather than 1 SD (not a perfect solution I have to admit).

Radian2022
Level I

Do you mean increasing (i.e., inflating) the numerical value of SD ? If so, I am afraid that'll skew the distribution, resulting in a pessimistic prediction. 

You select the appropriate distribution to represent the expected variation in the factor settings. You do the same for the response (variation no associated with factor level changes). You define the distribution parameters (e.g., mean and standard deviation of the normal distribution). JMP is not using an interval such as plus or minus 2 SD or 6 SD.

I might have misunderstood your description or your question.