cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Prediction Profiler - minimize all factors

Is there a way either manually or through JSL, that I could set desirability to minimize all factors?

Doing one factor at a time is a lot of clicks...

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/14/find-the-critical-point-using-the-prediction-pro.shtml

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Prediction Profiler - minimize all factors

You can select all the response columns and then select Cols > Standardize Attributes. Add the Response Limits column property in the bottom half of the dialog. Just change the goal to Minimize and leave the limits blank.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The desirability function is used to define the goal for the response, not the factors. Factor settings that maximize desirability is found using the current model.

Do you mean that you want to set all factors to their minimum value, independent of the desirability?

msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Yeah yeah, minimize all responses.  Sorry for being unclear.  The link I posted should have been clear enough of what I'm doing.

You can select all the response columns and then select Cols > Standardize Attributes. Add the Response Limits column property in the bottom half of the dialog. Just change the goal to Minimize and leave the limits blank.

msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Thanks!  Super helpful.

Here's how to do it in JSL

for(i=1; imax=nitems(Ycolumns), i<=imax, i++,
	column(dtDOE, Ycolumns[i]) << Set Property( "Response Limits", {Goal( Minimize ), Importance( 1 ), Show Limits( 0 )});
);