cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Hazal
Level I

Prediction Profiler Response Limit Constraints

Hello I have fitted separately response surfaces for 4 responses using 16 factors. I have one response to maximize (response 1) and three other responses that i want to use as constraints  which have upper limits. By using the profiler i want to maximize the response 1. But when response 1 is maximized, response 2,3 and 4 should not exceed a certain value. I adjusted the response limit for these responses and chose the goal as none. However these limits are exceeded when i choose maximize desirability. Is there a way that i can find the maximum value of response 1 in the defined range for response 2,3 and 4. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Victor_G
Super User

Re: Prediction Profiler Response Limit Constraints

Hi @Hazal,

Welcome in the Community !
If you specify the target as "None" for the other responses, JMP will only take these responses as an information, and it will not create any constraints on the optimization done by the Profiler.
Please check the response I have given on a very similar topic, you may find something that works for your case : https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Constrain-Response/m-p/605092/highlight/true#M80761

If you would like to have more précisions/advice, can you share an example dataset and more details about the constraint values for the responses ?

I hope this answer will help you,
Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Victor_G
Super User

Hi @Hazal,

Welcome in the Community !
If you specify the target as "None" for the other responses, JMP will only take these responses as an information, and it will not create any constraints on the optimization done by the Profiler.
Please check the response I have given on a very similar topic, you may find something that works for your case : https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Constrain-Response/m-p/605092/highlight/true#M80761

If you would like to have more précisions/advice, can you share an example dataset and more details about the constraint values for the responses ?

I hope this answer will help you,
Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
Hazal
Level I

Thank you, that is exactly what i needed.