cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Françoise
Level V

Power BI

Hi,

what do you think about power BI?

I find there are similarities with jmp e.g. in data visualization.

has someone tested?

best regards
2 REPLIES 2
dale_lehman
Level VII

Re: Power BI

I have used, and compared, Tableau, Power BI, and JMP in terms of visualization.  Tableau has the most sophisticated (in terms of professional looking) graphics, followed by BI, with JMP somewhat behind.  In terms of ease of use, the order is the reverse for me.  In particular, I think good visualization requires easy manipulation of the data, and neither visualization program comes close to the ease and power of JMP.  Of course, they also don't have nearly the same analytic capabilities as JMP, but even the visualizations seem somewhat clunky, particularly for Tableau.  I find the clunkiness is mostly in the need to quickly and easily transform the data, filter, aggregate/disaggregate, etc.  Once you know what visualization you want, Tableau does a wonderful job of making an impressive visual and has many capabilities for providing powerful dashboards.  BI is not as powerful, but I find it a bit easier to use and it is certainly much cheaper.  However, I don't find either particularly intuitive when exploring the data and trying to find a visual that tells a meaningful story.

Françoise
Level V

Re: Power BI

Hi,

thanks for your answer,Dale.

Power BI is very, very cheap.

What is Tableau ?

best regards