cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ChrisLooi
Level III

Power Analysis in Design Evaluation (DOE)

Hi,

Under the Design Evaluation (after the DOE is created), there is a tab called Power Analysis per below photo.

Picture1.png

I understood the Power represents the probability of detecting a significant effect (if there is). For example here, this design have a probability of 57.2% to detect effect of X1 if it is a significant effect.

My questions:

1.  Understood the Coefficient is the "slope" or effect strength on the response. This is represented under column Anticipated Coefficient. Why does this value is being put as default "1" ?

2. For example, if I were to change X1 Anticipated Coefficient from "1 to 2", the Power will jump from 57.2% to 98.4%. Am I correct to say, if X1 slope is "2" then this design have the probability to detect this effect at 98.7%?

3. Does the Power Analysis takes into account the Scaling Factor? Having a slope of 0.0002 doesn't mean there aren't any strong correlation between Y and X.

For example : The X-axis data is recorded in nanometer instead of meter.

Thanks for advise.

B.r,

Chris Looi

2 REPLIES 2
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Power Analysis in Design Evaluation (DOE)

Go to this link:

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/14/power-analysis.shtml

scroll down to the Power Analysis for Coffee Experiment

It explains the interpetation of the values.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Power Analysis in Design Evaluation (DOE)

Chris, Just checking to see if this helped you sort out your question?

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)