cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vjalvim
Level I

Plotting lower / upper limits and average in a control chart

Hi guys,

I would like to know if it is possible to plot the lower , upper and average values direct in the control chart (created by control chart builder) instead of Show Limit Summaries table.

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
txnelson
Super User

Re: Plotting lower / upper limits and average in a control chart

I have neither the access to JMP 11 or to a Mac, so I will need your help.  The message is pointing to a piece of code that is attemping to read the LCL from the displayed output table.  Can you please provide the image of the table that was generated by the control chart that has the limits in it?

Jim
GoodMan
Level III

The JSL is the same as you posted before. You can find the table image here. As you see that the text for LCL, UCL and Average have not been added.

Thanks.

txnelson
Super User

The script is looking for a specific Outline Box with the title, in English, of "Individual Measurement of Acid".  Your output is obviously not in English.  The below script changes the reference to Outline Box(2).  This is an absolute reference to the outline box, while "Individual Measurement of Acid" is a relative reference.  You could also try replacing "Individual Measurement of Acid" with

chinese.GIF

Names Default To Here( 1 );

// Open the sample data table
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA\Quality Control\Pickles.jmp" );

// There isn't an adequate column to be used as a Phase column in the sample
// data table, so create one
dt << New Column( "MyPhase", character, formula( Char( Floor( Row() / 13 + 1 ) ) ) );

// Run the control Chart
ct = dt << Control Chart(
	Phase( :MyPhase ),
	Group Size( 1 ),
	KSigma( 3 ),
	Chart Col( :Acid, Individual Measurement( Phase Level( "1" ), Phase Level( "2" ) ), Moving Range( Phase Level( "1" ), Phase Level( "2" ) ) )
);

// Create a list called byPhase of the each of the Phase values
Summarize( dt, byPhase = by( :MyPhase ) );

// Find the max row for each phase to determine the X position on the chart
// for the placement of the text values
PhaseMaxRowList = {};
For( i = 1, i <= N Items( byPhase ), i++,
	Insert Into( PhaseMaxRowList, Max( dt << get rows where( :MyPhase == byPhase[i] ) ) )
);

// Add the text to the chart
framebox = Report( ct )[frame box( 1 )];
addTxt = Expr(
			framebox << Add Graphics Script(
						Description( scriptNameTBD ),
						Text Color( "Black" );	
						Text( Center Justified, {xTBD - 2, yTBD + .1}, txtTBD );
						);
			);
// Loop across the phases and add the 3 text values by pulling their values from the table
// and reformating the values
For( i = 1, i <= N Items( byPhase ), i++,
	LCL = (Report( ct )[Outline Box(2)][Number Col Box( i )] << get)[1];
	LCLtxt = "LCL=" || Format( LCL, "Fixed Dec", 5, 2 );
	Avg = (Report( ct )[Outline Box(2)][Number Col Box( i + N Items( byPhase ) )] << get)[1];
	Avgtxt = "Avg=" || Format( Avg, "Fixed Dec", 5, 2 );
	UCL = (Report( ct )[Outline Box(2)][Number Col Box( i + (N Items( byPhase ) * 2) )] << get)[1];
	UCLtxt = "UCL=" || Format( UCL, "Fixed Dec", 5, 2 );
	// Use a separate graphics script for each annotation so that they are more easily moved 'by hand'
	Eval(Substitute(NameExpr(addTxt), Expr(scriptNameTBD), "LCL Text "||Char(i), Expr(xTBD), PhaseMaxRowList[i], Expr(yTBD), LCL, Expr(txtTBD), LCLtxt));
	Eval(Substitute(NameExpr(addTxt), Expr(scriptNameTBD), "Avg Text "||Char(i), Expr(xTBD), PhaseMaxRowList[i], Expr(yTBD), Avg, Expr(txtTBD), Avgtxt));
	Eval(Substitute(NameExpr(addTxt), Expr(scriptNameTBD), "UCL Text "||Char(i), Expr(xTBD), PhaseMaxRowList[i], Expr(yTBD), UCL, Expr(txtTBD), UCLtxt));
);
Jim
GoodMan
Level III

Thank you. I checked in English pickle sample data still no success. I step to step to run the scrip and get the following report after i run Summarize( dt/*###*/, byPhase = by( :MyPhase ) ). I translate the log into English for you. Do you believe there is some wrong there?

必须是赋值运算符 正在访问或计算“dt”, dt/*###*/
Must use assignment operator in visiting "dt"
在以下脚本中,使用 /*###*/ 标记错误
in the following script, use /*###*/ to mark error
txnelson
Super User

The syntax of the "Summarize()" function has changed in the recent versions of JMP.  It seems that might be the issue.  Change the statement

Summarize( dt, byPhase = by( :MyPhase ) );

to

Summarize(  byPhase = by( :MyPhase ) );

Jim
GoodMan
Level III

Thank you,Jim. It works now!