cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
m100psi
Level II

Plot multiple columns on the y-axis of a variability chart

My current method for plotting multiple columns on the y-axis of a variability chart is to stack the table and use a row legend.  I think either there must be an easy way to plot multiple columns in a variability chart (with a "column legend"), or there's something fundamental I'm missing about variability charts.

To put it another way, when selecting multiple columns for the y-axis of a variability chart, JMP plots the columns in distinct charts.  I'd like to keep them in the same chart.

Could someone help with either how to do this, or why it doesn't make sense?

Thanks,
Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Plot multiple columns on the y-axis of a variability chart

The Variability Chart platform is JMP's version of the general multi-vari chart. It is primarily intended for use in any crossed or nested study of variance, such as a Gage R&R or Measurement System Analysis study. You can include more than one response in your analysis but they are analyzed separately.

You can use Graph Builder to visualize more than one response at a time against nested variables in the X role.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Plot multiple columns on the y-axis of a variability chart

The Variability Chart platform is JMP's version of the general multi-vari chart. It is primarily intended for use in any crossed or nested study of variance, such as a Gage R&R or Measurement System Analysis study. You can include more than one response in your analysis but they are analyzed separately.

You can use Graph Builder to visualize more than one response at a time against nested variables in the X role.