cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
kschnarrs
Level II

Overwrite/Save Chart

Is there a way to save a chart so that it overwrites the previous version of that chart without having to save script to data table, then go back and delete the old script and rename the new one? I keep finding minor modifications that I need to make to my charts, and having to go back and create new, delete, & rename...

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

Re: Overwrite/Save Chart

In JMP 12, the simple answer is No.  You could setup a tool bar entry to delete entries, and then to do the save to data table.  That would take some scripting.

Jim
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Hi kschnarrs

assuming you are talking about doing this manually (not with JSL) i think there is a walk around.

instead of "save script to data table" just select "copy script" and then paste it within the script you already have in the data table.

this is not as magical as we are accustomed to do things in JMP (we are spoiled with this program) but it will prove shorter than deleting and renaming

good luck!

kschnarrs
Level II

Hi Ron,

That's a good idea, but when I'm editing a chart that already has additional scripting (I have it set to exclude rows with certain values) and I 'copy script' it doesn't copy the additional script, and only copies the chart itself. So when I paste the script, it only pastes part of the original chart script...

txnelson
Super User

I would write an email to support@jmp .com and request such an enhancement.  I bet if you do, you will see a solution in JMP 13.

Jim
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

if you are using the local data filter when you copy the script it brings the filtering as well. it does not solve all issues but it is another little step.

This is a great suggestion. We've been working on a solution to this, and we hope to have an overwrite option for both manual and JSL saving a script to a data table available in JMP 13.