cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
barnabei
Level I

Overlaying points on graph generated with Y Function()

Hi all, 

I'm using Y Function () to visualize function, but I'd also like to overlay individual points on the graph.  These points will reside on the function line.  If that makes sense.  Attached example in excel that I'd like to recreate in JMP.

-Matt

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Overlaying points on graph generated with Y Function()

modified scripting index entry for yfunctionmodified scripting index entry for yfunction

Craige

View solution in original post

txnelson
Super User

If you are drawing your graph from scratch, using a Graph Box() and then using the Y function() for drawing your curve, you can simply add to your code and use the Marker() function to draw your points at the X,Y locations you want.

Another way to accomplish this would be to us the Graph Builder Platform to draw your scatterplot values, and then just add the Y Function() as a graphical addition( << add graphics script) to the Graph Builder output.

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Craige_Hales
Super User

modified scripting index entry for yfunctionmodified scripting index entry for yfunction

Craige
txnelson
Super User

If you are drawing your graph from scratch, using a Graph Box() and then using the Y function() for drawing your curve, you can simply add to your code and use the Marker() function to draw your points at the X,Y locations you want.

Another way to accomplish this would be to us the Graph Builder Platform to draw your scatterplot values, and then just add the Y Function() as a graphical addition( << add graphics script) to the Graph Builder output.

Jim
Craige_Hales
Super User

@txnelson  answer about Graph Builder is correct if you are using a data table. You can use a data table  from within the graph box example, but it won't get all the graph builder features (scaling the axes, legends, fitted lines, ease-of-use.) Interactively, with graph builder, right-click->Customize->BigPlus to add a graphic script, then save the script when done from the graph builder red triangle.

Craige