cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Georgios_Tsim
Level II

Ordered differences combined data table - Outline Box

After running a least squares model by some variables we can have at the output window the ordered differences as the screenshot below illustrates.

Georgios_Tsim_1-1721655464344.png

Is it possible to take only the differences with the REF characterization in the level name. 

Note that I have the name of the Reference assigned to the "batchRefChoice" variable. So is it possible to take a combined Data table having all the differences with the REFERENCE in the form:

Level               - Level

A1                      REF

A2                      REF

A3                      REF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Ordered differences combined data table - Outline Box

So perform the selection twice / utilize two conditions (-Level contains REF and Level doesn't contain REF)? You can also do the filtering in the table box but that is more limited and you would have to use JSL expression to have two conditions

jthi_0-1721659321346.png

jthi_1-1721659442357.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jthi
Super User

Make the combined data table, select rows from the -Level column which have _REF_, invert selection and delete rows (or pick rows which don't have _REF_ and delete rows). Select Where platform should be able to build the comparison

jthi_0-1721656184737.png

Use contains for the comparison

jthi_1-1721656210602.png

-Jarmo
Georgios_Tsim
Level II

Nice! It is a solution as I have to do the same for the column "Level" and "- Level" and select the appropriate lines. But the problem is that the REF indicator is not only located at the -Level column. Is there any way to do also this?

jthi
Super User

What type of filtering you want to do?

-Jarmo
Georgios_Tsim
Level II

I would like to take the Combined Data Table having only the differences with the REF. But I want them in the form:

Level               - Level

A1                      REF

A2                      REF

A3                      REF

As you can see in the screenshot that I provided in my first question above, at the end of the table there is the REF indicator at the "Level" Column and not at the  "- Level".

But to explain wat I am asking:

In SAS you can do that providing the following line in the mixed process:

lsmeans condition/ diffs=control("REF") alpha=0.1;

and you get the following table:

Georgios_Tsim_0-1721658409401.png

is it possible that in jsl?

jthi
Super User

So perform the selection twice / utilize two conditions (-Level contains REF and Level doesn't contain REF)? You can also do the filtering in the table box but that is more limited and you would have to use JSL expression to have two conditions

jthi_0-1721659321346.png

jthi_1-1721659442357.png

-Jarmo