Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Oracle ODBC Error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

gpuckett

Community Trekker

Aug 10, 2011

I am receiving this error when using the Database Open Table dialog in JMP Pro 9.0.3 64bit. I am able to use this ODBC connection in other applications without issue and the "test connection" feature also works without issue in the ODBC interface.

The full error is:

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Oracle in Oracle_11gR2_x64_1, C:\Oracle11gR2_x64\product\11.2.0\client_1\BIN\SQORA32.DLL).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Solution

This question is probably best handled by Tech Support, but I may be able to point in some good directions.

You're running JMP in 64-bits which means that you must have a 64-bit ODBC driver for it to work. I'm concerned that the error message references a dll with 32 in the name.

Can you see if that DLL exists in the location in the error message? Also, can you confirm that you have a 64-bit driver?

-Jeff

-Jeff
2 REPLIES
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Solution

This question is probably best handled by Tech Support, but I may be able to point in some good directions.

You're running JMP in 64-bits which means that you must have a 64-bit ODBC driver for it to work. I'm concerned that the error message references a dll with 32 in the name.

Can you see if that DLL exists in the location in the error message? Also, can you confirm that you have a 64-bit driver?

-Jeff

-Jeff
gpuckett

Community Trekker

Aug 10, 2011

The driver in this location is the 64 bit driver and the file does exist.