cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PoissonGopher92
Level III

Optimization with factor constraints

So I want to perform an optimization but I want to include constraints of the factor combinations possible, from which the optimum should be found. So I want T1, T2, T3 as well as D1, D2, D3 to be varied at the same time. So all factors containing T should have the same level and all factors containing D should have the same level at the end of the optimization. So in a sense, the respective factors should be tied together for the optimization (T1 = T2 = T3, D1 = D2 = D3). Sadly I did not find how to do this in JMP. Any help is welcome!

Screenshot 2024-06-20 153437.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MathStatChem
Level VI

Re: Optimization with factor constraints

Create a two new columns in the data table, T and D.   Copy the prediction formula of the model and replace T1, T2, T3 in the model with T, and D1, D2, D3 in the model with D.  The profiler that function and find the optimal setting for T and D.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MathStatChem
Level VI

Create a two new columns in the data table, T and D.   Copy the prediction formula of the model and replace T1, T2, T3 in the model with T, and D1, D2, D3 in the model with D.  The profiler that function and find the optimal setting for T and D.  

PoissonGopher92
Level III

Works perfectly, thank you very much!