cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jthi
Super User

Opening Running Queries from script

I'm trying to create UI where sql query can be run on foreground when user presses a button and this button may be pressed multiple times. I would like to the user how many queries are currently running. If possible I would like to use Running Queries which can be found from View menu. Can this be opened directly from script?

-Jarmo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Opening Running Queries from script

One option just occurred to me.  It does not allow interaction or asking for information from the Running Queries window, but if you just want to pop it up you can use:

Main Menu("Running Queries");

In your script and the Window will at least be presented to users.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

If you run the query in the foreground, you are only going to have one query running at a time.  However, to answer your question there currently is no scripted way to get access to the View->Running Queries dialog.  There is an open suggestion for an enhancement to do this.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

jthi
Super User

Oopss. Meant to say background instead of foreground...
Thank you for information, I'll create some kind of custom New Window temporary (waiting of enchantment) to give information to user that queries are being ran in background.
-Jarmo

One option just occurred to me.  It does not allow interaction or asking for information from the Running Queries window, but if you just want to pop it up you can use:

Main Menu("Running Queries");

In your script and the Window will at least be presented to users.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

jthi
Super User

This is exactly what I was looking for. Couldn't just find the Main Menu() function. This should be enough most of the time for my script. Thank you!
-Jarmo