Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jackie_
Level VI

Offsetting X and Y coordinates of wafer

Hi,

I've two jmp table which has X and Y coordinates of the wafer. I would like to know if there's a way to align the coordinates of Wafer 1 with Wafer 2? 

For examples: I want to align the following highlighted X and Y with the X and Y of wafer 2.

Wafer 1 : X, Y = 129, 372 

Wafer 2: X, Y = -17, -15

I am not sure if there a way to recognize patterns in the graph builder and get the hover label information with JSL. Any suggestions would be much appreciated 

Wafer 1 =

Jacksmith12_0-1659881657253.png

Wafer 2 = 

Jacksmith12_1-1659881682065.png

15 REPLIES 15
Jackie_
Level VI

Re: Offsetting X and Y coordinates of wafer

They do not match orientation wise. E.g. The top area at map 1 has Y coordinates between 0 to negative. However, in the wafer map 2 the same area is at 300 and above

Jacksmith12_1-1660055754245.png

txnelson
Super User

I assumed that your wafers were measured in the same orientation, just with different xy origins. Apparently the total orientation can be different.  That makes the transposition more complex, but not impossible.  Do the files you read the wafers in from, contain the orientation information?

Jim
Jackie_
Level VI

No it doesn't contain orientation information. Can we implement transposition? 

txnelson
Super User

The transposition is simple math.  The issue is the determination of the orientation. The current 2 wafers appear to need to be flipped top to bottom, however, they may need to be flipped left to right also.  Looking at the pattern of empty areas on the wafer, that seems to be the case. In both cases, The transposition is to subtract each value from the max value plus 1.

Jim
Jackie_
Level VI

"The transposition is to subtract each value from the max value plus 1.
You mean to say subtract each rows of X and Y with Max value of Wafer 2 or Wafer 1?

txnelson
Super User

It really doesn't matter.  However, in your examples, you have been transposing Wafer 1,  so I suggest that you continue using that wafer.

I am concerned from your question.  You need to be understanding why the subtraction from the Max +1 works, not just blindly putting in the code.  Make sure you examine where the die move to when the transformation is done.

Jim