Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DataCom
Level I

Spec Yield Analysis

Dear JMP Community,

I am new to JMP and wanted to build a widget which would allow sliding spec limits and resulting yield assessments for a product. Such a capability can be super helpful for me. Perhaps also for other engineers working with cost sensitive products may also benefit from the discussion. I have included a table describing the problem statement. Spec_Yield.png

Description of ask (table above): Assume there are three test stages for a product. Each test has about ~50 parameters. Each test has its own resulting yield. To ship a product it must pass all parameters within each of the three tests. Yield significantly determines product cost. Therefore the ability to move individual test specs (on a slider as a variable), and see the impact on the resulting yield for that test, can be quite powerful for decision making. Counter proposing specs/price to client etc.

I also want to build a filter function to this widget, that allows selecting specific material for such an analysis (product, lot, wafer), or, time search (start date and end date), or a combination of these elements to filter the data-table prior to yield analysis.

Data source format in this case is a database fetched .csv file.

Any pointers by the JMP community on how to build such a widget would be immensely helpful.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: Spec Yield Analysis

You are basically talking about building a custom application within JMP. Which you'll probably want to codify as what is also called a JMP Add In. Applications are almost always an accumulation of JMP JSL coding (JSL is an acronym for JMP Scripting Language). I think I can see/visualize what you would like to accomplish...the trick is building the application...with some pretty elegant JSL coding skills you could do it yourself...or maybe reach out to one of the JMP Partners and hire them to build the application for you. Good luck!

Re: Spec Yield Analysis

JMP17 will be released in a few months and it contains a new profiling feature that may accomplish what you are looking for, called the Design Space Profiler. This profiler will allow you to interactively adjust specification limits to determine the resulting in-specification rates in your system. Stay tuned!