cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Christina
Level I

Nicht linearer Regression bei beschleunigter Alterung, die Arrhenius-Formel für das Degradationsmodell funktioniert nicht

Hallo Zusammen,

Ich befinde mich gerade bei JMP in der Einarbeitungsphase und schaue mir die Tutorial Videos an, die bei der Starter-Lizenz buchbar sind. Bei dem Video „Stability Analysis“ geht es um die Bestimmung des MHD bei einem Medikament mittels beschleunigter Alterung.

Ich habe versucht, diese Berechnungsmethode auf unser Material (Gummi) zu übertragen, was eigentlich möglich sein sollte.

Ich habe Messungen der maximalen Dehnung bei drei verschiedenen Temperaturen (180, 200, 220°C) nach acht Zeitintervallen in Tagen, bei 220 °C nur sechs Zeitintervalle. Die Arrhenius-Formel des Degradationsmodells, das in dem Video gezeigt wird funktioniert bei mir aber nicht und ich kann mir nicht erklären, wieso (siehe Formeln unten). Die Tabellenvariablen und Parameter habe ich aus dem Video übernommen, nur eine höhere Aktivierungsenergie (100 kJ/mol) und einen höheren Temperaturstartwert (recommended 23°C) habe ich verwendet.

Bei mir erkennt das Modell bei nicht lineare Anpassung den echten Startwert (399), aber sonst nichts. Im Video wird zuerst ein theoretischer Zerfall in der Spalte Degradation Model berechnet und auf der Basis dann glaube ich die echte Aktivierungsenergie des Zerfalls, das funktioniert bei mir nicht. Wenn ich die Aktivierungsenergie, wie in dem Video auf 10 setze, berechnet er den Startwert falsch (290), aber zumindest berechnet er irgendetwas und das Analysendiagramm gibt auch keinen Sinn.

Hat jemand eine Idee, was da falsch läuft? Bitte keine JSL Scripts als Antwort, soweit bin ich noch nicht!

Danke schonmal!

Anpassung mit EA = 100                                Anpassung mit EA = 10

Christina_2-1629215103740.jpeg       Christina_3-1629215103744.jpeg

Meine Daten: Unter 26 stehen die Dehnungen nach der Messzeit

Christina_4-1629215103749.png

Formel aus Video

Christina_5-1629215103757.png

Meine Formel:

Christina_6-1629215103760.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nicht linearer Regression bei beschleunigter Alterung, die Arrhenius-Formel für das Degradationsmodell funktioniert nicht

After consulting with the developer, we have devised a simple solution. Use the middle experimental temperature (200°C in your case) for the reference temperature instead of the use condition. Fit the model using the original starting values, from the beginning. Then extrapolate back to the use condition (23°C in your case). It should look like this using the Nonlinear platform. You should not experience the instability of the estimates this way. I get identical estimates in the Degradation platform now, too.

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 3.46.45 PM.png

I updated my data table with these changes. It is attached below.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Nicht linearer Regression bei beschleunigter Alterung, die Arrhenius-Formel für das Degradationsmodell funktioniert nicht

Unfortunately, nonlinear regression can depend heavily on the starting values, so using heuristics about the situation can be helpful. I doubt that the EA is as large as 100, so EA = 10 is likely a better choice. The rate of change d is a much larger here than 0.01. What if you try d = 10 for a starting value?

You might also investigate another platform for this kind of analysis. See the Help chapter about the Degradation Platform.

Christina
Level I

Hi Mark, 

thanks for the hint. I've already tried to set EA to 10, as I described that in my problem description. Then the starting value is calculated wrong then and the analysis diagram doesn't make any sense. I also tried to fit my data with EA =1, that doesn't help. I tried to use the degradation platform under the analysis funktion, but there I can't find an Arrhenius model, maybe it is there and I don't recognize it as such. 

Your rate of change is faster than the example in the course, so I also suggested simultaneously using a larger starting value for d.

I entered your data into a data table and added the formula for the nonlinear model. JMP seems to struggle to find a good fit. The convergence is highly dependent on the starting values.

I also tried using the Degradation platform. I saved a script for both Nonlinear and Degradation in the data table.

You should report this issue to JMP Technical Support (support@jmp.com) and provide this data table for investigation.

I did some more investigation and also reported this case to the developers. They found that there is a large numerical instability due to the large difference between the use condition and the experimental temperatures. You can see the effect in both the high correlation between the d and ea parameters, and the parameter profiler. You can change ea and then change d to get essentially the same SSE, so there is no stable convergence.

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 1.47.51 PM.png

It is posible that this model is not good for your data. The best result that I got still exhibited nonlinear residual patterns. It might be that the assumptions of this model are violated. You could try transforming the response or the time to see if that change improves the stability of the fit. You could try another model, like the Eyring model with two factors.

After consulting with the developer, we have devised a simple solution. Use the middle experimental temperature (200°C in your case) for the reference temperature instead of the use condition. Fit the model using the original starting values, from the beginning. Then extrapolate back to the use condition (23°C in your case). It should look like this using the Nonlinear platform. You should not experience the instability of the estimates this way. I get identical estimates in the Degradation platform now, too.

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 3.46.45 PM.png

I updated my data table with these changes. It is attached below.

Christina
Level I

Hi Mark,

To change the application temperature from 23°C more close to the measurement temperatures led to the goal. Indeed, the application temperature is between 180 and 220°C. Thanks for finding my mistake!

It is easy to make a simple mistake in a complicated analysis like this one. I learned something, too.