cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AmberA
Level I

New to JSL - Clear selection, invisible usage

I am very new to JSL, couple of questions:

1). I am setting up a script to plot bar graphs and send to ppt. After the script runs, the final bars in the graph window are selected (see diagonal shading on the bars). I want to unselect these bars  before sliding them to the ppt. (see attachment). I need to find the command to unmark the selection

2). I want to close the data table after making all the graphs and saving them to ppt. IF I use the command close (dt); where dt is my data table - this closes the data table and no graphs are produced.

3). I need to apply multiple data filters for various graphs in the same script. Is there a sample script that shows how to do it? I have tried using 'local' filter but that confines the filter and does not apply it to my graph. I have tried using dt<< clear row states; before applying the new filter but that is not working either.

4). Is there a sample script showing how to use 'invisble' for graph windows?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

Re: New to JSL - Clear selection, invisible usage

// Open Sample Data 
dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

// Select rows
dt << select Where(:age ==12);

// Clear Selection
dt << clear select 

For question # 1 - see above example 

Graph1 << Show Window(0); 

Fow question #4 - above code should hide the window or make it "invisible" - where Graph1 represents the graph window 

For question # 2 , 
- Save the graphs to the ppt first and close the ppt and then close the data table - this should fix it . 

For question  #3 , 
 - Can you provide sample code of what you are trying to do - this should be easy . 

Best

Uday 

Best
Uday

View solution in original post

pmroz
Super User

I can answer a few of your questions:

1. You need to clear any selections made in your table.  You can do this via:

dt << clear select;

where dt points to your data table

3. After creating your graph, add a filter by clicking on the little red triangle > Script > Local Data Filter.  Then add one or more variables as a filter column.  Now click the little red triangle next to Graph Builder and select Copy Script.  Here's an example:

dt = open("$sample_data\Big Class.jmp");

Graph Builder(
	Size( 526, 451 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :weight ), Y( :height ) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 12 ) ), Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 13 ) ) ),
	Local Data Filter( Add Filter( columns( :sex ) ) )
);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

// Open Sample Data 
dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

// Select rows
dt << select Where(:age ==12);

// Clear Selection
dt << clear select 

For question # 1 - see above example 

Graph1 << Show Window(0); 

Fow question #4 - above code should hide the window or make it "invisible" - where Graph1 represents the graph window 

For question # 2 , 
- Save the graphs to the ppt first and close the ppt and then close the data table - this should fix it . 

For question  #3 , 
 - Can you provide sample code of what you are trying to do - this should be easy . 

Best

Uday 

Best
Uday
pmroz
Super User

I can answer a few of your questions:

1. You need to clear any selections made in your table.  You can do this via:

dt << clear select;

where dt points to your data table

3. After creating your graph, add a filter by clicking on the little red triangle > Script > Local Data Filter.  Then add one or more variables as a filter column.  Now click the little red triangle next to Graph Builder and select Copy Script.  Here's an example:

dt = open("$sample_data\Big Class.jmp");

Graph Builder(
	Size( 526, 451 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :weight ), Y( :height ) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 12 ) ), Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 13 ) ) ),
	Local Data Filter( Add Filter( columns( :sex ) ) )
);