cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jaz
Jaz
Level IV

Nested if Statement

Hi,

I just want to make sure that the following nested if statement will function correctly. At the moment I'm getting an error so I thought it might be to do with the way I constructed my nested if statement:

If (ismissing(dt:newColumnName[k]), For Each Row(If(dt:colAutomatically <= colManually[k] & dt:colAutomatically >= colManuallyStart[k], dt:newColumnName = colInstructions[k], dt: newColumnName = colInstructions[k-1] || " & " || colInstructions[k]));

The if statement conidtion is: 

(ismissing(dt:newColumnName[k])

If this is true I want the following statement to run: 

For Each Row(If(dt:colAutomatically <= colManually[k] & dt:colAutomatically >= colManuallyStart[k], dt:newColumnName = colInstructions[k]

If this is false I want the following statement to run: 

dt: newColumnName = colInstructions[k-1] || " & " || colInstructions[k]));

Any help would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Nested if Statement

The expression to be evaluated if the first argument evaluated to false was inside the For Each Row() function. This code structure should do what you want:

If( Is Missing( dt:newColumnName[k] ),
	For Each Row(
		If( dt:colAutomatically <= colManually[k] & dt:colAutomatically >= colManuallyStart[k],
			dt:newColumnName = colInstructions[k]
		)
	),
	dt:newColumnName = colInstructions[k - 1] || " & " || colInstructions[k]
);
Jaz
Jaz
Level IV

Re: Nested if Statement

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply but I want the following statement: 

dt:newColumnName = colInstructions[k - 1] || " & " || colInstructions[k];