cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Zeban
Level I

Multivari chart combining means of variables

Using the graph builder I would appreciate to come up with the a layout similar to below. 

Zeban_2-1582025485448.png

Graphbuilder let's me come up with something similar, but the relationship (the connecting lines) between categories is ā€˜artificialā€™, as in I drew them using the line option.

Zeban_3-1582025736864.png

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

Re: Multivari chart combining means of variables

Not sure I can help...That picture looks like it's from Minitab.  I also don't use "Graph Builder". I use Variability/Attribute Gauge charts to show the multiple components.  This platform can be augmented to show and connect means (cell means, group means, etc.).  Although it does not match the multi-vary chart, it can be very helpful visually to compare multiple components of variation ion a sampling plan.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
Zeban
Level I

Re: Multivari chart combining means of variables

Hi Statman,

You are right, the upper picture is from Minitab. I find it very appealing, and appreciate how a good graph can communicate a lot of information. Thus, the 'frustration' I cannot achieve this (smoothly) with JMP. I am familiar with the  Variability/Attribute Gauge charts. And yes, it does not match the multi-vary chart.

Thank you for your input.