cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Zeban
Level I

Multivari chart combining means of variables

Using the graph builder I would appreciate to come up with the a layout similar to below. 

Zeban_2-1582025485448.png

Graphbuilder let's me come up with something similar, but the relationship (the connecting lines) between categories is ‘artificial’, as in I drew them using the line option.

Zeban_3-1582025736864.png

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

Re: Multivari chart combining means of variables

Not sure I can help...That picture looks like it's from Minitab.  I also don't use "Graph Builder". I use Variability/Attribute Gauge charts to show the multiple components.  This platform can be augmented to show and connect means (cell means, group means, etc.).  Although it does not match the multi-vary chart, it can be very helpful visually to compare multiple components of variation ion a sampling plan.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
Zeban
Level I

Re: Multivari chart combining means of variables

Hi Statman,

You are right, the upper picture is from Minitab. I find it very appealing, and appreciate how a good graph can communicate a lot of information. Thus, the 'frustration' I cannot achieve this (smoothly) with JMP. I am familiar with the  Variability/Attribute Gauge charts. And yes, it does not match the multi-vary chart.

Thank you for your input.