cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tourniquet
Level I

Multiple regression new variable

Hi everyone.
I want to look at my thesis model using several regressions in three steps. I know there are programs where you can do the whole model in one step, but I am not at that level.
Basically the first step is want to do a multiple regression with three IV and 1 DV. The effects of the IV's on the DV will be the new IV in a multivariate analysis, and the third step will be another muliple regression. 

My question is: how do I save the restults from the first multiple regression and use it as a new variable? I am sorry if this is super basic, but I would really appreciate some help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Multiple regression new variable

I assume that you know how to make a JMP data table and enter the data. I will call the three independent variables X1-X3 and the dependent variable Y.

1. Select Analyze > Fit Model.
  2. Select column Y and click Y.
  3. Select columns X1 through X3 and click Add.
  4. Click Run.
  5. Click the red triangle at the top left and select Save Columns > Prediction Formula.

Now you will have a new column, Pred Y in the data table. You can use it like any variable at this point.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I assume that you know how to make a JMP data table and enter the data. I will call the three independent variables X1-X3 and the dependent variable Y.

1. Select Analyze > Fit Model.
  2. Select column Y and click Y.
  3. Select columns X1 through X3 and click Add.
  4. Click Run.
  5. Click the red triangle at the top left and select Save Columns > Prediction Formula.

Now you will have a new column, Pred Y in the data table. You can use it like any variable at this point.

tourniquet
Level I

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my newbie question. You made my day! :D