cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Steve_Kim
Level III

Multiple Y axis in a chart. (Multiple Y axis scales)

Good Morning~ : )

I need your help. I'd like to draw an overlay plot with multiple Y axis as below. (It is commonly used in bioprocess.)

(I'm currently use JMP 12.2.)

- Is there a way to draw like this way?  (I can add right Y axis, but I need more.)

- JMP script is also okay for me.

- Hope multiple Y axis drawing feature is supported in JMP 13Graph builder.

12027_pastedImage_10.png

12 REPLIES 12
Sush
Level I

Re: Multiple Y axis in a chart. (Multiple Y axis scales)

I need to make a 3D graph (with 3 axes) something similar to this below. I have JMP Pro version 12. Is it possible to make a graph like this with JMP?

If yes, can somebody please guide me through the process.

Thanks,

Snip20170316_1.png

AFA
AFA
Level I

Peter, I agree that it may not be the most attractive graph in its current state. But I work in the same field as James, and frequently it's important to see both the absolute values and the timecourse behavior of multiple (5-6) variables. At the moment, it's difficult to display this type of data in JMP. It would be convenient if multiple Y-axis support and scaling were added in a future JMP version.

One way to address some of the aesthetics of this graph would be to move the y-axis labels to the top or bottom, so that the multiple axis labels could be compressed into a smaller space.

Byron_JMP
Staff

This is my favorite graph not in JMP, so I took a stab at scripting an automated approach to making the graph. 

Byron Wingerd Blog/Multiple-Y-Axis-Graphs

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)