cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Steve_Kim
Level III

Multiple Y axis in a chart. (Multiple Y axis scales)

Good Morning~ : )

I need your help. I'd like to draw an overlay plot with multiple Y axis as below. (It is commonly used in bioprocess.)

(I'm currently use JMP 12.2.)

- Is there a way to draw like this way?  (I can add right Y axis, but I need more.)

- JMP script is also okay for me.

- Hope multiple Y axis drawing feature is supported in JMP 13Graph builder.

12027_pastedImage_10.png

12 REPLIES 12
Sush
Level I

Re: Multiple Y axis in a chart. (Multiple Y axis scales)

I need to make a 3D graph (with 3 axes) something similar to this below. I have JMP Pro version 12. Is it possible to make a graph like this with JMP?

If yes, can somebody please guide me through the process.

Thanks,

Snip20170316_1.png

AFA
AFA
Level I

Peter, I agree that it may not be the most attractive graph in its current state. But I work in the same field as James, and frequently it's important to see both the absolute values and the timecourse behavior of multiple (5-6) variables. At the moment, it's difficult to display this type of data in JMP. It would be convenient if multiple Y-axis support and scaling were added in a future JMP version.

One way to address some of the aesthetics of this graph would be to move the y-axis labels to the top or bottom, so that the multiple axis labels could be compressed into a smaller space.

Byron_JMP
Staff

This is my favorite graph not in JMP, so I took a stab at scripting an automated approach to making the graph. 

Byron Wingerd Blog/Multiple-Y-Axis-Graphs

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)