cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MFVIT
Level IV

Multiple Responses on Contour Plot

I designed a factorial experiment with multiple responses (yi). I would like to use the Contour Profiler to visualize all the responses (predicted  by model) at the same time. When I use the fit model platform and I choose multiple y it seems that I am obliged to use the same model for all the responses. Is it possible to specify a different model for each response? In this case I would be able to plot each response by using the most adequate model on the Contour Profiler. If not, is there another way to plot multiple responses predicted by different models on the same Contour plot? This is needed in building a ‘Design Space’. Many thanks, Marcello.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: Multiple Responses on Contour Plot

Yes it is possible to use two different models in concert with the Contour Profiler.

Under the red triangle Save Columns>Save Prediction Formula....
7469_Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 9.18.22 AM.png

After saving the prediction formula launch the Graph>Contour Profiler and enter the Prediction Formula(s)

in the dialog box

7473_Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 9.19.15 AM.png

The resulting contours from the different models will be combined in the Contour Profiler

7474_Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 9.19.23 AM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
louv
Staff (Retired)

Yes it is possible to use two different models in concert with the Contour Profiler.

Under the red triangle Save Columns>Save Prediction Formula....
7469_Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 9.18.22 AM.png

After saving the prediction formula launch the Graph>Contour Profiler and enter the Prediction Formula(s)

in the dialog box

7473_Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 9.19.15 AM.png

The resulting contours from the different models will be combined in the Contour Profiler

7474_Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 9.19.23 AM.png

MFVIT
Level IV

Thank you very much LouV for your answer. It is very clear and really what I needed.

Marcello.

louv
Staff (Retired)

Marcello,

No problem. If you want the error to be captured you can save that as well so that is captured in your graphics whether you use this technique for the Contour Profiler or the Prediction Profiler

7475_Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 9.38.35 AM.png