cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lmaley
Level I

Multiple Equations

I have 11 equations with 11 unknowns.  I need to know if JMP can solve all these equations for each row?  So day 1, I need to solve these equations.  For day 2 I need to solve these equations only using day 2 information.

I know how to solve for one equation in JMP, but can JMP solve multiple equations.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multiple Equations

Assuming that these are linear equations, you can use the Solve() function in the JMP scripting language. It looks like this:

Capture.PNG

You can look up the functions to create the matrix in your code or you could enter the values in a JMP data table and send the Get As Matrix message to the data table.

lmaley
Level I

Thanks.  I will try and use this and see if it works.  I assume I can do 11 equations at once and tie it back to the table?  I am new on JMP scripting.

lmaley
Level I

Is there anything that can give me more guidance of how to put 11 equations into scripting and tie some of the variables back to the columns in JMP?