cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GregMcMahon
Level III

Moving Graph builder text box

I just know this will be a stupid question. But I've searched and haven't found a clear answer yet. In graph builder, my R-square and prediction equation is put in the top left corner, directly over some data. I'd like to move it to the top right corner which is all clear. But for the life of me I can't figure out how.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Greg

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Moving Graph builder text box

The statistical Text displays are editable through the Customize... dialog.(Right click on the graph and select Customize).  You can change the font, color, size, but it does not allow for the position to be specified.  However, below is a very klugie way of getting what you wantklug.PNG

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
gb = Graph Builder(
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :height ), Y( :weight ) ),
	Elements(
		Points( X, Y, Legend( 1 ), Jitter( 1 ) ),
		Line Of Fit(
			X,
			Y,
			Legend( 4 ),
			Confidence of Fit( 1 ),
			Confidence of Prediction( 1 ),
			Degree( "Cubic" ),
			R²( 1 )
		)
	)
);
fontobj = seg = Report( gb )[Framebox( 1 )] << Find Seg( "TextSeg" );
zip = seg << Get Text;
seg << Set Text(repeat(" ", 150) || zip
);
Jim

Re: Moving Graph builder text box

Although I am a bit late to the party, I found a way to do this roughly.

Right click on the graph.

Click Customize

Go down to "text" in the left column, which is usually at the bottom of the list.

On the right it says "Percent Offset", which is the solution. You can type in anything from 0 to 1. I tried 0.80, and it put my equations almost completely to the right. You can play around with it until it is exactly where you want it (my equations were short). 

CompositeFrog10_0-1709909274468.png