cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
djhanson
Level V

Mouse hover over data point to display image?

Does anyone know if this is possible?  Mouse hover over a data point, like a chart, and pop up a JPG/GIF image in a window or some sort of display box?

I know and use <<Set Label Columns to display values upon mouse hover over data points - it works very well.  Wondering if there's a way to do this by referencing an image path?  thx... dj

13 REPLIES 13
firetiti
Level I

Re: Mouse hover over data point to display image?

Hi, I tried to run this script, but I get an error on "table1:pic[1] = p;" saying that the column type does not match. Is that because I use JMP 10?

msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Yes, the script above takes advantage of Expression columns, which I believe weren't introduced until JMP 12.

firetiti
Level I

Thx

nascif_jmp
Level VI

In JMP 15.0 we added a feature called graphlets that provides (among other things) the ability to the display images on demand inside hover labels. The image displayed and what happens when you click on it are completely under the control of the user. You can easily retrieve an image from a column, from a file or from a URL built dynamically based on the graph context (e.g. X and Y values of your graph). There is no need to store images in the table (though that is also supported).

You can see this functionality in action in the following File Exchange 

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Scripts/WikiReader-Augmenting-Hover-Labels-with-web-data-and-images...

For more information on graphlets, check https://www.jmp.com/content/dam/jmp/documents/en/support/jmp15/using-jmp.pdf, page 512.