cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
shoffmeister
Level V

Mixed Models with JMP: Can I see the Covariance Matrix

Dear JMPers! Hope you all enjoy Amsterdam. Too sad I could not come to ask you personally.

When working with mixed models in JMP: Is there any chance to see the blocks of the estimated covariance matrix. I'm interested in what I get in SAS when using the G, R and especially V options in PROC MIXED. I like to have a look at that to make sure that I set up the model correctly and that the covariance structure makes sense. I'm well aware that I should be able to figure that out myself based on the covariance parameter estimates ... just I don't trust myself completely. Mixed models always feel so complicated :-/

Thanks for any help on that.

1 REPLY 1
jiancao
Staff

Re: Mixed Models with JMP: Can I see the Covariance Matrix

Yes, you can. Here is my JMP blog post showing fitting three different covariance structures with JMP Pro's Mixed Model personality: Unstructured, AR(1) and CS. JMP Pro for linear mixed models — Part 2