cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RicardoCosta
Level II

Missing thumbnail panel

Hi, 

For some reason, the thumbnail panel is missing from all tables (with reports) of my current project. 

I also noticed that whenever I generate a report, the lower-left corner icon for viewing the data table is missing.

The option for viewing the thumbnail panel in the Preferences is activated.

Thanks in advance.

Ricardo Costa
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing thumbnail panel

"I also noticed that whenever I generate a report, the lower-left corner icon for viewing the data table is missing."

This is by purpose as you are working in the project. The data table is listed in the window list on the left within the project so you can navigate easily to it whenever it is needed. If you miss this window list you have to go to the menu item "Project" and select "Show Window List" to show this window again within the project.

Hope this helps.Capture.JPG

/****NeverStopLearning****/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hmm, may it's best to send this also to support@jmp.com may using the Tech Support Add-In: https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/Contact-JMP-Technical-Support-Add-in/ta-p/24144 

Have you tried closing JMP, Restart your machine and restart JMP, creating a new project and check if the thumbnail is still there? This might help support to help you finding the cause for this behaviour.

Worth a check - when you say "project", are you talking about using the JMP Project interface to arrange the tables and reports?  The area where the thumbnails / table icon are displayed is not a part of the "JMP" content, but part of the containing window.  These two components will not be shown within the JMP Project window.

"I also noticed that whenever I generate a report, the lower-left corner icon for viewing the data table is missing."

This is by purpose as you are working in the project. The data table is listed in the window list on the left within the project so you can navigate easily to it whenever it is needed. If you miss this window list you have to go to the menu item "Project" and select "Show Window List" to show this window again within the project.

Hope this helps.Capture.JPG

RicardoCosta
Level II

Thank you all for the prompt feedback. Issue solved.
In fact, when I open the data table directly from explorer, the thumbnail panel is available.
The same isn't true when the table is open in the Project window.

Ricardo Costa