cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Missing features from JMP 17 Trial

I was recently introduced to JMP as a student and have been using the trial version to see if this will be helpful for continued use. I've noticed that there are several missing features such as no access to K Nearest Neighbors under the Predictive Modeling menu or Association Rules, and no Validation field on the Partition window (screenshot below.)

Are these features not included as part of a trial or am I missing the option to activate these somehow?

no validation field.png

7 REPLIES 7
statman
Super User

Re: Missing features from JMP 17 Trial

My guess is some of the features you are used to just moved.  Here is a screenshot of JMP Pro 17 with K Nearest Neighbors obviously still there.

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 9.45.33 AM.jpg

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

My Predictive Modeling menu is missing several options. I'm guessing that the trial version is unfortunately very, very limited.

predictive.png

jthi
Super User

Trial version might be using basic JMP and not JMP Pro (at least looks like it based on window name).

-Jarmo

The trial version is a full version of JMP. The capabilities you are describing here are in JMP Pro. The JMP 17 trial includes the full capabilities of JMP and is not limited. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to contact support@jmp.com. 

Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/3MWgiXt

It feels limited to me. Is there a trial version available for JMP Pro? Or is this only limited to selected customers? 

jthi
Super User

According to JMP Trial FAQJMP Trial FAQs  you should be able to get JMP Pro evaluation

Is the trial a fully functioning trial or an abbreviated version to show what JMP can do?

The trial has the same functionality as a purchased license. For more advanced modeling techniques, we also offer evaluations of JMP® Pro.

I'm not sure if you have to contact support@jmp.com or someone from your region https://www.jmp.com/en_us/about/international.html

-Jarmo

If you are still a student, most major universities have unlimited access to JMP Pro for enrolled students and faculty. You can see a list of those institutions here University List | JMP.  

Most often it is available through the university's main software site.