cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tajrida
Level III

Missing course data set in Virtual JMP - Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving Online course

Please advise:

Upon selecting the vleuser drive in Virtual lab JMP online, there is missing or no folder with the name "workshop" that contains couse data set. I am only seeing the window folder which is empty.

Mohammed Ahmed
16 REPLIES 16
Alexia
Level I

Re: Missing course data set in Virtual JMP - Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving Online course

Hello,

I started the Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving course and am now at the second module, Exploratory Data Analysis. I have reached the first practice exrcise, which requires to open the "Chemical Manufacturing.jmp" file. As I Don't have JMP, I am using the virtual lab.

So, I created my account, but in the data file of the virtual lab, there is no "Chemical Manufacturing.jmp" file.

I refreshed the data several times, and each time the message "data refreshed successfully" appeared on top of the page. But still, I cannot find the "Chemical Manufacturing.jmp" file.

However, this file does exist in the downloaded data for this course. I cannot open it because I do not have JMP.

Can you either add this file or guide me to import them from the dowloaded course data on my computer?

Thank you very much in advance

Alexia
Level I

Re: Missing course data set in Virtual JMP - Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving Online course

Well, as it often happens, I found the files just after asking the question… Sorry for the inconvenience.

The files are thus in S:\workshop\EJMPST. The access to this directory has been disabled, however, when doing a search for a specific file on "This PC", like Crisis TeamData, or Chemical Manufacturing, they appear there and can be opened.

A nice day to you all!

Our paths just crossed : )

Glad you were able to find the files!

Mia

lil
lil
Level I

Nope I don't have this folder

Hi,

Have you been able to find any of the course data files in JMP on the virtual lab? This is my view. When I follow the path to the course folder, vleuser > workshop > EJMPST, I see the Chemical Manufacturing data set.

mia_stephens_0-1586269902287.png

If this doesn't help, can you please write elearn@sas.com

They can help you figure out what the problem is.

Thanks! Enjoy the course!

Mia

lil
lil
Level I

I don't Workshop file folder at all. Where can I find these so I can practice?

If you don't see the workshop folder as described in another post, please log out of the JMP Virtual Lab, click Refresh your Data, and then launch the virtual lab again.

mia_stephens_0-1594248120368.png

When you go to File > Open in the virtual lab, you should see a vleuser folder. The course data are in the workshop subfolder.

mia_stephens_1-1594248270002.png

If you are not seeing this folder, please contact our education technical support team at elearn@sas.com.

I hope this helps!

Mia